Followers

Monday, September 9, 2013

Stripy retro drawers


I found this quirky set of drawers through Gumtree and thought they could turn out really cute with a bit of work
 
  
Once I got them home to be honest I didn't know if just plain white would do it any justice.  

1st coat of white paint went on..... Definitely too boring for its shape, my husband suggested drawers 1 colour and legs sides and top another.  

Mmmmmmmm I need inspiration.

That evening I found my inspiration, someone had painted one drawer stripy on a lovely dresser. Perfect!

Colour picked, masking tape at the ready 
The hardest part was fixing the slight bleed into the white, I found a fine paintbrush and with a very steady hand!
I was able to fix it....phew!!

To finish off I reused the original handles and painted them white ( I also painted inside of the drawers too) it has to match.
The drawers are from the 70s and it has a few nicks on the right side on the first two drawers, I think it's little imperfections makes it look aged, but still modern.  
Hopefully my project will inspire someone else, reuse what's out there guys its cheaper and sturdier plus you feel great knowing you've made something quite beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment