Followers

Monday, September 9, 2013


I found this little Beauty at a local auction. First time bidding so had to put my poker face on.  The auction was real good fun, if you haven't tried one, then you must!  It was amazing to see what price furniture sold for and the decanters and tea sets where to die for!! 
Anyway I had a plan and a budget so that stopped me from buying items like decanters and vintage tea sets that I don't need.
The hall table as you can see was dark dirty and unloved.  My first thought was red! I'm going to paint it red and the leather inset will look fab.
WRONG!!!!! No red does not look fab Claire, ok get the white out.
So much better.

I've lightly stressed the corners and sides to let the red show through.  I could pretend that was the desired look all along but we'd all know I was lying!!  

You can see more of my work through Facebook Claire's Shabby Chic Furniture 

No comments:

Post a Comment