Followers

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Magazine rack


Magazine racks are items I see in charity shops quite often.  They are usually between £5-£7 so I've decided to give some a makeover.

This was a mahogany rack.  It was really easy to take apart, once I unscrewed the the side knobs, it practically fell apart.

I decided on two tone, the spindles, knobs and base I painted baby blue.  The knobs where quite difficult to paint, I kept leaving finger marks!! After a bit of rummaging in the kitchen drawers I found  wooden skewers that fit perfectly.  I stuck the skewers into an old shoe box, it made painting soooo much easier.  I forgot to take a photograph at this point sorry.
Once put back together I stressed it slightly around the edges.  To be honest this project took longer than expected due to the amount of individual components that required painting.  
I think it was worth the extra hassle.  It turned out beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Really love the magazine rack makeover. Great tip for painting the knobs! Thanks L x

    ReplyDelete