Followers

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Transforming a basic carver chair into a decorative feature chair

As a request, I was asked to paint a decorative chair.  Once I saw this carver chair I knew it would be perfect, trouble being I'd have to recover the seat which I had no idea how to do.
Many you tube tutorials later, I bought my fabric and armed with my new staple gun I got to work.
With this being a decorative chair I imagined it would be prone to knocks and bumps, not forgetting dusty which would mean being cleaned regularly, so I decided to use primer as my base to protect the wood and an exterior metallic black paint to water proof it.  This meant no need for wax. 
If your thinking of using metallic paint be very careful as it's very unforgiving it will show brush strokes and dries very quickly, my advise use a good paint brush, be gentle and concentrate on small areas at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment